Octopus 301 Series Basic Perimeter
The Octopus 301 is the compact perimeter for every glaucoma practice. It even fits in a corner and produces accurate results without a dark room.
Fastest Test Strategy
The exclusive TOP test strategy on the Octopus 301 finishes a threshold test in 2:30 minutes, providing excellent repeatability for the usage in follow up and progression analysis. TOP is the preferred test strategy chosen by patients and can even be reliably performed in children age 7 and up.
Octopus 301 Reliability with Fixation Control
Displacements and blinks influence the examination in real time. If a stimulus presentation interferes with a blink, the corresponding response is ignored and the same stimulus presentation repeated later in the test.
Speed up with Automated Eye Tracking
The Octopus 301 automated Eye Tracking – AET – readjusts the patients position every time the patient moves too far from the center of the refractive lens. Therefore, AET minimizes the risk for lens rim artifacts and saves time by minimizing the need for examiner interventions.
The Octopus 301 convinces with many thought out details, as for example the non-contact sensors that detect which eye is being examined, a slightly downward viewing angle for enhanced patient comfort and an optical system that permits testing in lighted rooms.
The Octopus 300 examiner screen can be placed to the left, opposite or to the right of the patient. The instrument is always complete. If you buy the Octopus 301 Basic, you can at any time add options until you have the full Pro functionality.
Features & Options:
- 100% eye fixation control – no fixation – no stimulus
- Diagnostic programs with test stages prioritizing the most crucial field areas
- With the unique Eye Tracking feature (option), the perimeter follows eye movements automatically
- The Octopus 301 offers software for significantly shorter examinations avoiding errors caused by patient and retinal fatigue
- Continuous measurement of the pupil size allowing accurate assessment and comparison of data
- The free rotating examination unit of the Octopus 301 permits fits in tight spaces and works in ambient light
- Simple operation on a color input screen guided by a dialog in any language
- Full threshold examination takes less than 2:30 minutes with optional TOP test strategy
- Electronic eye fixation adjustment without disturbing the patient
- The clear Seven-in-One print-out presents comprehensive data needed for patient assessment
- Statistical data is presented in real-time on screen
- Test procedure can be interrupted at any time and continued later without losing data
- A built-in training program facilitates giving instructions and shortens the learning process
- The Octopus 301 offers software which is easily updated to the latest version through exchange of a software module or an internet download