Ziemer’s FEMTO LDV Crystal Line is based on a radically new approach to Femtolaser technology. Operating at pulse frequencies in the megahertz range and using high-aperture optics, the treshold for tissue disruption is reached without requiring an amplifier and at very short interaction times that effectively prevent any thermal effects from occuring in the tissue.
The result is clean tissue dissection without thermal or radiation-related side effects.
New approach to Femtolaser technology – unique features:
- All solid-state, non amplified laser achieves high stability
- Very high pulse rates and ultra-short femtosecond pulses
- Low pulse energy
- Small, tightly overlapped dissection spots
- No un-dissected spaces that could give rise to “tissue bridges”
- High-aperture optics assure perfect depth focus
- Fixed focus optic ensure precise cutting depth
The unique technology delivers clear advantages:
- Smooth, even cutting surface
- Even incision depth
- Tissue disruption is achieved without thermal effect
- No tissue damage and complications from high pulse energies, such as opaque bubble layer (OBL), transient light sensitivity (TLS), or diffuse lamellar keratitis (DLK)
- Rapid healing and visual recovery